The Ultra-TrailⓇ Tai Mo Shan is a toughest event that challenges the human spirit through the outdoor sport of trail running.
- Ages 18 or older (born on or before 30 Dec 1999)
- Runners who has following disease are not recommended to participate the race and all the participants are at own risk:
- Congenital or rheumatic heart disease;
- Hypertension or cerebrovascular disease;
- Myocarditis and other heart disease;
- Coronary artery disease and serious arrhythmia;
- Any other diseases which can aggravated by running
- (In addition to information provided by the runner in the Run application”s medical questionnaire, each runner must fully disclose to medical personnel at the pre-Run check-in any changes to existing medical conditions and all prescription medications being taken.)
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to accept or refuse entry for any reason.
- The registration fee is non-negotiable and non-refundable once paid.
- Runners got caught breaching competition rules as noted below will be disqualified immediately and will not receive race result:
- Refuse to stop the race and be collected when passing the cut-off time
- Refusing to follow the competition rules and guidelines;
- Please respect the natural beauty of our trails and the right of everyone to enjoy them. )
- Destroy vegetation, wildlife and their living environment
- Vandalize natural features.
- Pollute water,
- feed wild animals
- Disrespect the race organizing committee;
- Not step on along designed course or run short-cuts;
- Runners must protect countryside and preserve natural landscapes
- Respect other visitors and keep the noise down
- Each runner’s official run number must be worn prominently on the front of the body and must be easily visible at all times.
- Any runner who is unable to finish the Run must personally inform the aid station captain of the nearest checkpoint of his decision to withdraw.
- Runners crossing the finish line after the cutoff time will not be listed as official finishers.
- The Ultra Trail Tai Mo Shan is committed to keeping ultrarunning a clean, drug- free sport. Doping and the use of prohibited drugs is strictly prohibited.
- Pacers and support runners are strictly prohibited. For the avoidance of doubt, participants are not allowed to be accompanied along the course by anybody who has not entered into the event.
- Runners must follow the marked trail at all times. Any runner departing from the official trail must return to the point of departure on foot before continuing.
- Each runner must complete the entire course under his own power.
- Runners must carry the mandatory gear at all times during the event. Random gear checks may be performed during the event. Any participant without the mandatory gear will incur a penalty ranging from a time penalty to disqualification based on the severity of the breach.
- Portions of the race course passes through special areas and private land that is normally prohibited from entry. Please do not enter areas other than those specified by the race
- Smoking is not permitted at any of the checkpoints or along the trail.
- Don’t throw away burning matches or cigarette ends
Register to Race!
There are three races categories within the Ultra-TrailⓇ Tai Mo Shan: UTMT (Ultra-TrailⓇ Tai Mo Shan) / TTF (Tsuen Wan, Ta Shek Wu, Fo Tan) / YTF (Yuen Long, Ta Shek Wu, Fo Tan)